Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An exercise in futility...


They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.  I guess you might call me insane every time I give Sophie a single treat, expecting that to be enough for her and the begging would cease.   Leave it to me to think a dog might have the capacity to reason and exercise restraint.  Why not?  They have the capacity to show affection, compassion and playfulness.  They also have the uncanny ability to sense when we're hurting and will remain by our side until we're better.  Trust me when they stare at you with those big, brown eyes they are TOTALLY playing on your emotions in order to get what they want.  That would account for why Sophie can crawl up on our bed every night without objection from me.  So why shouldn't they have the capacity to think "hey, I don't want any more of those delicious Smartdog Jerky treats, just toss me that old bone."  Perhaps in a perfect world that situation might play out.  In the meantime, I'll continue to succumb to those big, brown eyes and pass the bag of Smartdog Jerky!

http://www.smartdogjerky.com


No comments:

Post a Comment