Monday, July 15, 2013

China serves dog meat in restaurants

Okay, so I have heard the "stories."  For years, since I was little, about how the Vietnamese eat dogs and cats..  I realize that different cultures eat different types of foods, meats, insects and such.  But when you grow up American, have dogs and cats as loving family pets, then it is just plain hard to stomach and accept.  But I made myself research it today, and there is an alarming amount of photos and stories on the Internet about China and their abuse of dogs that I know it is factual and not just some myth.

I was on Pinterest last night, and was shocked when I came across a photo taken in China of a cage of dogs all crammed together on the back of a bike.  It was horrible!  I think of my beloved creatures and all we do to make them happy and healthy and then see these poor dogs being treated this way.  It just broke my heart.  I feel so helpless.  So the most I can do today, it blog about the truth...The truth that serving dogs and eating them in restaurants in China is allowed.  Dogs and cats are raised there just to be eaten.  Some are boiled alive.  There are wholesale meat markets in China selling dogs and cats for food consumption.

The FDA only inspects about 1-2% off all food imported from China.  Food from China, dog food and people food, are found to contain alarming levels of heavy metals such a arsenic, lead and mercury.  Stores here sell "certified organic" food that is grown in China.  The USDA does not test or regulate heavy metals in foods that are on the organic certified program.  Dogs and cats here are dying of things like diabetes and cancer and a cause of this is the high levels of toxins found in pet treats, pet treats that are made in China.  There are toxic solvents in them that cause liver and kidney damage.  I ask you to please read labels.  Buy from the USA.   Don't support China made products.
Video to watch the TRUTH





No comments:

Post a Comment