Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Scary PIT BULL story


As I sit here in the Reno airport awaiting my flight I am reminded of my last visit here a year ago.  My husband and I drove here from Colorado to visit his parents for Mother's Day.  

The morning we left I was not feeling well.  We got up at 4 am to hit the road for our long drive home.  We were just heading out of town through Carson City and there were a few homes scattered on the outskirts of town.  I felt very ill and asked him to pull over immediately.  As I leaned out the car door to vomit, a large pit bull dog ran right up to my face.  It happened so quick and scared me to death.  It was dark out and at that point I didn't even know what kind of dog it was.  All I know was we were in front of someones's home and had pulled up rather abruptly and this dog was there to protect the home.  My heart raced so fast and I screamed there is a dog! My husband jumped out of the car to run around to help but it was too late...

The dog had totally started licking my face!  He fell so madly in love with me and jumped in the car instantly and onto my lap.  My husband had just reached my side of the car door and the dog was already in the car on my lap.  My fear instantly turned to love as this large Pit Bull sat on my lap licking me all over.  I started laughing so hard!

So it took us a bit to get him coaxed out of our car and then all I was so worried about him being on the road like that with so many truckers going by.  He was not a homeless dog, just a loose dog.  So we tried to get him back up by the house so we could feel comfortable leaving him.  My husband warned me right off..."NO, we are not keeping him!"

So next time anyone tries to make Pit Bulls sound so mean and viscous I hope you will remember this story.  I have met the most amazing, loving Pit Bulls in my life and have yet to ever meet a mean one.  I even live in a city where they are banned!!! It breaks my heart because they are very loving dogs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment